What if I need to relocate in Colorado with a minor child?

A parent having primary residential custody cannot move a considerable distance away from the nonresidential parent without court permission. If you can agree on relocation and can make necessary adjustments to custody, visitation, and support, a judge will likely approve it. Disputes over relocation in Colorado must go to a contested hearing before the court, which will decide the matter based upon the child’s best interests.