How do I modify an existing custody order in Colorado?

If you and the other party agree, you can simply file your agreement with the court and ask for the court to adopt it as a court order. If you don’t agree, you will have to file a motion to modify the order with the court. Please see our section on modification of parenting time to find out more information.